I write this to encourage people to keep going and stick to the rules, in the knowledge that they are working.
I don’t go for the notion that telling people the truth will encourage them to relax.
You’d never know from the media coverage that:
- The overall infection rate per 100 000 is 130 in Scotland but a whopping 374 in England and a chilling 455 in Wales.
- The infection rate in South Ayrshire is 110 per 100 000, 1 in every 1 000.
- The infection rate is 174 in neighbouring North Ayrshire and 202 in East Ayrshire.
- The infection rate in Doon Valley North, immediately adjacent to South Ayrshire, is a very worrying 400 plus per 100 000.
- The infection rate in South Ayrshire is, contrary to the colouring on the map above, LOWER than all but Argyll, Highland, Moray, Clackmannan, West Lothian and the island groups and roughly the same as Falkirk and Stirling. 15 regions have a higher rate.
With two vaccines here, now is not the time to weaken your resolve.